Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fooooood

And here I was thinking I was going to lose weight on my trip....

Fish burgers: Fish, potatoes, seasoning, egg, & Chinese Sauce

Fish burgers 

Fish burgers topped with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and cabbage

 Auntie Sherry grating coconuts for crab curry

Auntie Sherry grating coconuts 

Cooking crab for crab curry

 Ingredients for Auntie Sherry's Sponge Cake

 Cake batter with a touch of nutmeg and cinnamon

 Sponge cake!  We made a plain sponge cake, a ribbon cake, and a pineapple-turnover cake.  Yum!

 Ribbon cake!

Auntie Shirley grinding dhal (a.k.a. dal, dahl, daal, yellow split peas) for dhal puri

 I helped to put the dhal in the roti (dough) to make the dhal puri.

 Auntie Shirley rolling the dough and cooking the dhal puri

I helped too!

No comments:

Post a Comment