Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Vehicles of Guyana

I wanted to give you a feel of what the transportation is like in Guyana, so here are a few photos of the vehicles that passed by Auntie Sherry's and Uncle Azad's.

Yup, this one of the buses I mentioned before.  Behind the driver are four rows of seats usually crammed with people.  The fare depends on how far you are going.  The fare from the ferry stelling where the speed boat drops you off to Auntie Sherry's is 100 GYD (0.50 USD).  The bus from Auntie Fiona's to Georgetown is also 100 GYD.  A taxi from Auntie Fiona's to Georgetown is 1,000 GYD (5 USD), so I need to learn to take the bus by myself... I've done it once, but I'm still not certain about where I need to get off...






Boarding a bus 










2 comments:

  1. These picture are bring back sweet memories, I would like to see some of the donkey carts and animals on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post picture of stabroek market and places of interest in GT area

    ReplyDelete